Revenue account determination is carried out using the condition technique.
For controlling revenue account determination, the following criteria are important:
- Account determination table
- In the account determination table, you define the criteria on which account determination should depend.
- Access Sequence
- Here, you define in which sequence fields are read from the billing document (header and item). An access sequence refers to the permitted field combinations stored in the condition table.
- Account determination type
- The account determination type is a module of the conditions technique. You have to create at least one account determination type and allocate it to an account determination procedure.
- Account determination procedure
- The account determination procedure contains the necessary account determination types with which the SAP System can automatically find the revenue accounts.
- Account key
- With the three-digit account key, you finally allocate the revenue account.
You can set the system so that account determination is dependent upon the following master data fields:
- Account group for material in the material master record
- Account group for customer in the customer master record